Posted Wednesday, March 6th 2013 @ 7am
The world your kids are growing up in is not the one you grew up in.
Here’s a rundown of some things you’ll have to explain to them one day:
- Writing a paper meant going to a library and researching by reading through books.
- There used to be smoking and non-smoking sections in restaurants.
- Taking a road trip required buying a giant paper map that was impossible to refold when you were done using it.
- When you took a picture, it took days to see what the pictures looked like.
- If you wanted music on command, you’d have to tape a song off the radio.
- Family movie night meant driving to a video store.
- The only way to know what was on TV was to look in the newspaper – or TV Guide. (Buzzfeed.com)